A Day With Mrs. Jamie
We are a 5 and 1/2 hour program. Below is the basic layout of our day, but detailed info about our Math Moments and Literacy Love will in upcoming posts.
- 7:45-8:15 Arrival and Breakfast
- 8:15-8:30 Potty and Putting Things Away
- 8:30-9:00 Workjobs (morning work) and Early Morning Centers
- 9:00-9:20 Literacy Love
- 9:20-9:50 Outside/Gross Motor
- 9:50-10:00 Potty/Water break
- 10:05-10:25 Math Moments
- 10:25-10:45 Centers/Small Group
- 10:50-11:15 Lunch
- 11:20-11:50 Related Arts
- 11:50-12:00 Potty
- 12:00-12:15 Outside/Music and Movement
- 12:15-12:50 Centers with Snack Option/Small Group
- 12:50-1:10 End of the Day Wrap Up
- 1:15 Dismissal
Just a little bit about me!
I have been teaching in the Rutherford County School System for 15 years. I began my career with a few years in First Grade before dropping down to Pre-K. I left my dream job with the littles for 1 year, to teach Kindergarten in another school. All I have to say about that is, YOU KINDERGARTEN TEACHERS ROCK! I fled the confines of K the next year and have been back in Pre-K since! I strongly believe that I was meant to serve that year in kinder so that I would be a better Pre-K teacher.
Anywho, I have a beautiful family including my husband Tom, 4 kids, 5 stepkids and a dog and cat! BUSY! BUSY! BUSY!